Convulsion symptoms on our newborn baby

DAY 1 : tubes and wires to monitor the baby

Our baby was born on October 29, 2009 at 8.18am. I wasn't expecting he delivered earlier than I thought. The reason is, on 7.00 am, the opening just 5cm, but suddenly the progress wasvery fast. Unfortunately, my wife has already out of energy when she try to do the last push, end up baby come out with loud breathing sound.

The doctor made quick decision to send him right away to the nursery (baby ward). I followed to the ward, waiting and watch from outside. The team tried their best to save the baby life. I'm waiting and see how they put more electronic devices and tube to help the baby breath.

The ward mostly filled with premature birth baby. My boy born after 39 weeks, which mature enough for birth. The problem occured because of lack of oxygen, which has implication on his brain, kidneys and lungs. The lack of oxygen caused him convulsions. Based on convulsion definition, "body muscles contract and relax rapidly and repeatedly, resulting in an uncontrolled shaking of the body" - the baby had the symptoms. Besides, the doctor explained to me about it.

The doctors says, probably the baby will be monitored until he is 2. Convulsions in children is another chapter that I have to study after this.
DAY 4 : He gives good responds and feedback, oxygen tube removed.

DAY 5 : He survives the hard day.. No wires, only 1 tube left to supply extra fluids

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...